Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random baseball thoughts....





As a cardinal fan living in the Chicago area, let me just tell you how much it sucks that the cubs have the best record in baseball. And not only that, but freakin' Jim Edmonds learned how to hit again. I think I'm gonna puke... I always hated when this pic showed up when he was with the cardinals, but now that he is the enemy, I figured it would be a good time to dust off this picture of Jimmy Ballgame one last time.

Cards can't pull off the sweep tonight. It will be interesting to see how they hold up with El Hombre on the shelf with the calf injury. You never hear any discussion about the cards up here since everyone is convinced the cubs are a team of destiny this year (again), but the redbirds have been putting together a pretty decent year so far. They have the 2nd best record in the league through tonight's games and a 2.5 game lead in the wild card race. If another month goes by and the good guys are still in the mix, I might have to start making an emotional investment in this year's team.




No comments: